Live Performances from Local Talent run from 10:00am-3:00pm
Youth Talent Contest on the Community Stage
(Under the Tent at the Front of Trousdale County High School)
Singers – Musicians – Dancers – AGES 13-21
Saturday, August 5, 2023
$5.00 Entry Fee Per Act (single or group)
- 1st Place: $250 and Trophy
- 2nd Place: $150 and Trophy
- 3rd Place: $100 and Trophy
2023 Contest Rules
- Age limits are 13 through 21, inclusive, as of August 5, 2023.
- Each entry/act must pay a $5.00 Entry Fee.
- This contest is not open to professionals. A professional is defined as anyone who is a union member, has a professional manager, or whose principle and supporting income is derived from performing.
- This contest is not open to baton twirlers or similar acts using batons or machetes. No fire of any kind will be allowed on the stage during this competition. In the vocal category, instrumental accompaniment by the persons in the act of others is allowed, but must assume the pure character of accompaniment. The test shall be whether the performance would and could stand alone if the accompaniment were removed. No vocal backgrounds (or background singers) may be used as accompaniment by contestants in any vocal category. No VOCAL BACKGROUNDS ALLOWED ON CD’S
- In an instrumental solo, live instrumental accompaniment is allowed, but must assume the pure character of accompaniment. The test shall be the whether the solo performance would and could stand alone if the accompaniment were removed. No instrument of the same nature may be used for accompaniment.
- With a band, no other accompaniment is allowed. All performers must meet the age qualifications of the Trousdale County Fair Youth Talent Contest.
- In any dance category, accompanists are permitted on stage, but must not assume visual importance in the performance.
- In a group act, all persons assuming visual importance in the act must meet the age qualifications of the Trousdale County Fair Youth Talent Contest.
- Any act may drop a member that is listed on the entry form, but MAY NOT add or replace member.
- An act should run no more than 5 minutes. Any act, including bands running more than 5 minutes will be disqualified. There will be an oﬃcial time keeper present at the contest.
- All contestants will use only the lighting system provided.
- All contestants, excluding bands, will use only the sound system and the sound operator as provided. Bands may use their own amps.
- All music for accompaniment must be on CD, and be of the highest quality. Please also bring a back-up CD. No teachers or parents will be allowed on stage during the contest.
- Only one (1) person other than those visible on stage will be allowed backstage with each act. This includes all teachers and or parents.
For More Information or Questions, Call: Kathy Atwood – 615-374-8157